On behalf of all the survivors of domestic abuse whose lives improve because of your commitment to them,
We thank you!
Please Donate, we couldn't be doing this without your support
Every day we save lives. We can't do it alone. With your help, we will continue to make a difference.
We sincerely thank you in advance for your generosity.
We would be happy to help you coordinate any gifts or legacies you choose to benefit the TPOWI. Please be aware that we are not tax experts and are not familiar with each individual's tax situation. Therefore, we advise you to consult your financial, legal, or tax advisor about the specifics of your donation.
The Power of What If (TPOWI) is committed to the highest standards of financial integrity. Because we take seriously the trust placed in us with regard to financial gifts, we adhere to the following guidelines:
1. The Power of What If is a non-profit organization under section 501(c) (3) of the IRS code and contributions are tax-deductible.
2. Our budget and organizational financial statements are available to the public upon request. Furthermore, an independent financial review is performed by a certified public accountant each year.
3. We promptly acknowledge financial and in-kind gifts with a receipt.
4. Gifts to (TPOWI) may be designated for direct victim support though our Victim Emergency Assistance Fund; for a specific need the donor chooses to fund; or for general operating expenses. We are careful to honor these designations. If for some reason this is impossible, permission will be sought to reassign the funds to another project, or else the gift will be returned.
5. The (TPOWI) minimizes overhead costs through the careful utilization of volunteers, student internships, and donated services and materials. We are committed to excellence in serving our clients in an efficient and effective manner.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE SAVE A LIFE!
GIVE NOW TO The Power of What If (TPOWI)
Why individuals make charitable donations can be as varied as the donors themselves. Some give because they have a personal commitment to the cause. They may know a relative, friend, or employee who has been the victim of domestic violence or may be a survivor themselves. They may give because of a more general desire to assist those in need who are less fortunate financially than themselves - to share the good fortune they have in life. Still others give not because they have a great personal wealth, but because they have a compassionate heart and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
There are numerous ways you too, can "MAKE A DIFFERENCE"
• Cash - Simply write a check to: The Power of What If, 3933 Orly Dr, Rockford, IL 61101
• Credit Card - see link for Network for Good
• Donate Stock, Bonds, Equities, Real Estate, Art - If you donate these items, you may avoid tax on the appreciated value while receiving a tax deduction. All items valued over $5,000 require an independent appraisal to meet IRS regulations.
• Bequests - Designate The Power of What If as a beneficiary in your will, trust, IRA, retirement or insurance plan.
• Charitable Trust and Deferred Gifts - Establish a trust which benefits The TPOWI and may provide income for you and your spouse as well as substantial tax savings.
• Donations In Memory - Send a donation in memory of a special friend, occasion, or anniversary. We will be glad to send an acknowledgement for the gift to the person of your choice.
• Matching Gift - Does your employer match charitable donations? If so, ask your employer to match your donation to The Power of What If.